Thursday, March 31, 2011

Federation Clock v0.1 Error

Technorati Tags: ,,

Well my last entry showed how I created an analog clock using ActionScript. This seemed to work well and I was rather pleased with it. On the Chumby I I set the default run time to 15 seconds so that was the longest that I had it running. The other day I decided to pin the widget which leaves it running continuously. When I came back to the Chumby after an hour or so passed, I noticed the hands were missing from my clock. I then ran it on the PC and let it run for awhile and sure enough the hands of the clock started separating. Below are some images over a 6 minute interval.

ClockError0ClockError1ClockError2ClockError3ClockError4ClockError5

I tried several things to fix it such as resetting the top left point and not calculating the rotation point and just using (160, 120) but these did not help. I really don’t know what is going on here so if you do, please help me out and post a comment with a suggestion. The only thing I can think of trying is removing the MovieClip object and adding it back again but I assume this will take more processing time and is quite wasteful. There must be a better way.

No comments:

Post a Comment